Thursday, June 16, 2011

Challenge Number 2 part 1

“I don’t think that will take much one of his footsteps are easily three or four of ours.” Zayda said with a light chuckle.
Zaire was unable to take joy in his leadership; he had no time to bask in the glory of being appointed leader. It was not like the other times before; there was no happiness in this. He now held the lives of his team in his hands. He Zaire had to find them a way out of this place, no not out. They couldn’t leave; he had to find that place the riddle was talking about. What was that one line… he thought… -See the glass that sees you back. - What glass could see me back… he wound them in between the food carts resisting the urge to just reach out and grab something. Darting behind some game trailers he was face to face with himself. He saw his whole team staring at him. He knew they had to go inside that’s what the riddle was talking about! See the glass that sees you back, a mirror. A mirror can see you back!
“IN here guys!!!!”
“What no way why should we trap ourselves in something?” Cain yelled!
“Guys he’s close we don’t have time for this!” Zayra scared voice beamed,
“Listen it’s about the riddle, See the glass that sees you back. Mirrors see you back and a fun house is full of them.” Zaire pleaded; he knew they had to go in the fun house. So using his magic he made everyone else think so too.
Zaire ran to the gate holder, “There are 5 of us can we get in together?”
“DO you have tickets?”
Zaire reached into his pockets on a whim and pulled of 5 tickets. Looking at his hand he was shocked. Where did these tickets come from? Why were they in his pocket?
The gate holder snagged the tickets out of Zaire’s hand and said, “Once you cross this line you are on your own. What goes on here in the Manic Maze Mirrors is unexplainable and unknown. Keep your thoughts close for if unleashed your fears my just keep you here.”
The five of them filed in the thin hall that lead them through the fun house. “I hope this tunnel gets bigger, this whole single file thing really blows.” RA said as she stood on her tip toes to try to see what was ahead.
“Why?” Cain asked confused.
“Because I can’t see where I am going and I can’t see what’s behind me either.”
Zaire began the round of chuckles. In the few conscious hours this group has been together RA had made at least 6 direct comments about her being so short.
“Well you don’t have to worry about that much longer; this room is opening up finally.”
“Finally? You sound relieved.”
He was he decided being the leader wasn’t the best thing ever, or at least not at the moment. “I’m not a fan a small spaces myself” Zaire said moving to the side so the others could bunch up front with him.
“Do you think that piece of paper has anything to do with why we are here?” Eyota asked, making herself the leader.
“I don’t know, what does it say?”
Come on and stay,
Play this game we all play.
Is this person in the mirror true?
Or are these words spoken on cue?
Stick together as one,
When all these words are said and done,
And this game you have won.

“What is that supposed to mean?” Zarya said handing the note back to Eyota.
“I haven’t got a clue,” Eyota responded.
The doorway they had just went through closed, and somewhere ahead in the maze of mirrors another slammed as well.
“I think we are trapped here.” RA said taking a step closer to Cian.
“What gave you that idea genius?” Zaire smarted off.
“What’s with the tude?” RA started, “Since we were in the hotel room you have had something massive shoved-“
“Guys look at this!” Zayda said looking into one of the mirrors.
They all gathered around to see what she was talking about only to find that this mirror wasn’t the only one changing. They were all becoming television screens, with Cain and Chance on them, and then speakers from above them creaked on.
“So Cain,” Chance’s voice boomed. “Who do you think will be the most annoying person on your team?”
Cain's voice echoed in the silence of the room. “Where can I start, it’s so hard to pick just one. You have RA who is always all over me, I can’t stand her, and does she really think I would like a freak like her? But I think it would be best if I just wait this whole situation out, maybe she will come in handy and I can use her for something. I mean she can be anything she wants to be right? I think she is full of it!”
“Whys that?” Chance asked coldly, almost as if he already knew the answer.
“If she could be anything why would she choose to look like that?”
RA turned to Cian who was standing there speechless, with his mouth open. “You best shut that before I shut it for you!”
“I - I - I Swear I Ne-Ne-ever said that!”
But his voice was over powered by Zaire’s “I cannot stand Eyota, she is just a B!&*h . She thinks she is some kind of leader, right, please. She is way too tall to be a chick I mean look at her she is more of a man than I am. I think she is a freak of nature just like her beloved animals. She should join them nasty flee bitten things as the true animal she is.”
“I swear to the gods I will show you what kind of animal I am!” Eyota said crouching to the floor as a cougar.
“I never said that! I didn’t even say anything about you!!!!” Zaire said crouching in a defensive stance ready for the attack.
Zarya got herself in between them. “Guys guys did you not listen to the clue?”
“Really you are thinking about the clue right now?” RA yelled taking a swing at Zaire.
“Are these words true, or are they said on cue? Yea I’m thinking of the clue because if we don’t stick together we all lose.”
Her words were over powered by Chance’s.
“So do you have any special skills outside your talent?”
Zarya’s face took spot light in the mirrors. “These people will have no idea what hit them I will do anything to win this game, and one of my special talents is negotiating, I can talk myself in and out of just about anything.”
“Well that’s bogus!” Zarya said looking at the mirror. I cannot negotiate myself out of anything if I could why would I be here?”
Chances voice came over the speakers. “Here is the first challenge.” And 2 of the mirrors rose. “If you wish to stay with this team, you can stay here if you wish to change teams be my guest and exit with one of these doors.
RA, Cian, and Eyota began walking towards the doors. Zarya positioned herself between them, “you guys can’t leave! Do you remember the contract we signed?”
Her words were met with puzzled looks.
“If we leave this group at anytime we all lose!”
“But he said…” RA began.
“I don’t care what he said we have to stick together!”
Chances voice was back ringing in their ears, “you have thirty second to make your choice.”
Zaire went and stood beside Zarya. “Eyota listen to her I never said that this is all just a trick!”
Ten…. Nine…. Eight… Seven…. Six…. Five… Four…TO BE CONTINUED!

No comments:

Post a Comment